Applications are invited for the HEPI-SHSSU Masters fellowship programme support.
The programme will support up to 2 years of training leading to the award of a Masters degree on any of the Master’s graduate training programs at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences for a maximum of 5 successful candidates.
This is open to post graduate students, with a maximum of two years to completion, of their respective Makerere University graduate programs.
Criteria for Selection
1. Proof of admission to a Makerere University College of Health Sciences masters programme
2. Should have completed first year of study and is on normal progress
3. Demonstrate interest in research training and conducting research within the respective discipline.
4. Students on three (3) or four (4) year postgraduate programs should provide proof of normal progress for the initial years of training.
5. A letter of recommendation and support from the programmes Head of Department.
6. Plan for career development
7. Applicants with research concepts focusing on any one of the following aspects are particularly encouraged to apply:
- NCDs, Maternal and child health
- HIV Emphasis on studies targeting improving patient care
8. Capacity towards attaining research leadership and international recognition in one’s field.
9. Commitment to developing at least one manuscript for publication based on their research.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of a cover letter (1 page only), resume (not more than 3 pages) a personal statement (Maximum 1 page), research concept (Maximum 1 page), admission letter, proof of normal progress for the initial years of training for individuals pursuing three or four year masters programmes and two letters of recommendation. The personal statement should include your aspirations for career progression in the next 5-7 years, research interests and any information you consider relevant. Closing date for the receipt of applications is 4th September 2019. Enquiries can be forwarded to the PI, HEPISU Program on email@example.com
Application deadline: 4th September, 2019
Interviews: 17th September, 2019
Notification date: September 20th, 2019
Proposed start date: October 20, 2019