MASTERS RESEARCH SUPPORT ADVERTISEMENT
Applications are invited for the HEPI-SHSSU Masters research programme support.
The programme will support up to 1 year of research thesis support leading to the award of a Masters degree on any of the Master’s graduate training programs at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences or it is Partner institutions (Clarke International University, Busitema University, and Kabale University) for a maximum of 5 successful candidates.
This is open to post graduate students, with a maximum of one year to completion, of their respective graduate programs at Makerere University or it is Partner institutions (Clarke International University, Busitema University, and Kabale University).
Criteria for Selection
1. Proof of admission to the mentioned institutions on the master’s programme
2. Should have completed year II of study and is on normal progress
3. Demonstrate interest in research training and conducting research within the respective discipline.
4. Students on three (3) or four (4) year postgraduate programs should provide proof of normal progress for the initial years of training.
5. A letter of recommendation and support from the programmes Head of Department.
6. Applicants with research concepts focusing on Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias research proposals will be supported.
7. Commitment to developing at least one manuscript for publication based on their research.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of a cover letter (1 page only), resume (not more than 3 pages) a personal statement (Maximum 1 page), research concept (Maximum 1 page), admission letter, proof of normal progress for the initial years of training for individuals pursuing three or four year masters programmes and two letters of recommendation. Closing date for the receipt of applications is 10th October 2019. Inquiries can be forwarded to the PI, HEPISU Program on email@example.com
Application deadline: 10th October, 2019 Interviews: 25th October, 2019 Notification date: 1st November, 2019 Proposed start date: We will need IRB approval letter before releasing research funds