The Health Professions Education and Training for Strengthening the Health System and Services in Uganda (HEPI-SHSSU) is a five-year project under Makerere University College of Health Sciences, funded by Fogarty International Center of the National Institutes of Health. The project seeks to hire one suitable candidate for the position of DRIVER to be based in Kampala with a few travels to upcountry partner institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drivers will perform the following roles:
· Drive Project motor vehicle and staff to study sites, as instructed
· Carry out daily routine checks on the vehicle before driving out
· Ensure maximum security of the vehicle and its accessories under their charge
· Ensure the safety of passengers and cargo under their charge
· Monitor condition and performance of the vehicle and promptly report to the supervisor
· Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicle, and maintain its cleanliness
· Take a vehicle for servicing as per mileage reading and repairs as directed by your supervisor.
· Maintain a log of vehicle movements for the vehicle assigned to you.
· Submit monthly reports on vehicle movements and mechanical conditions using a template provided by the supervisor.
Qualifications and other desirables
1. Diploma level and A Level certificates but O’ level certification could be considered depending on years of work experience.
2. Minimum of at least 3 years of professional driving experience in both town and upcountry settings.
3. Should have a valid driving permit.
4. Should be able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles.
5. Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
6. Experience handling sensitive project supplies, samples, working in hard to reach areas, and working long hours.
7. Should be 30 years and above.
How to apply:
Typed letters of application should be addressed to the Principal Investigator together with a current CV, plus copies of academic certificates should be delivered to the Project Coordinator, Ms. Evelyn Bakengesa, 1st Floor Clinical Research Building or send soft copies on firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 10th July 2020.