The programme will support:
One candidate with full admission approval requesting for research support for an educational aspect of their work.
This is open to low and mid-level faculty up to Senior Lecturer level including people who contribute to teaching and research at Makerere University or one of the HEPI partner institutions. They must have a demonstrated commitment to pursuing a health professions education research career. Prior health professional education at master’s level or fellowship level training will be considered as an added advantage.
Criteria for Selection
1. Demonstrated interest in research training and conducting research with a focus on health professional education
2. Potential to handle rigorous academic requirements of the doctoral program.
3. Plan for career development
4. Capacity towards attaining research leadership and international recognition in one’s field.
5. Preference will be given to individuals under the age of 45.
6. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
7. Ability to apply health professions education to teaching/clinical speciality area
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of: A cover letter (1 page only), resume (not more than 3 pages), a personal statement (Maximum 1 page), research concept (Maximum 1 page), two letters of recommendations one of which must be from the Chair.
The personal statement should include your contribution to the academic and research life of a department, your aspirations for career progression in the next 5-7 years, research interests and any information you consider relevant. Closing date for the receipt of applications is August 28th, 2020. Enquiries can be forwarded to the PI, HEPISU Program on email@example.com
Application deadline: October 14th, 2020
Interviews: October 28th, 2020
Notification date: November 11th, 2020
Proposed start date: November 25th, 2020