Applications are invited for the HEPI-SHSSU Masters fellowship programme support from postgraduate students of:
- Makerere University College of Health Sciences (MakCHS)
- Kabale University School of Medicine
- Clarke International University
- Faculty of Health Sciences, Busitema University
The programme will support up to 2 years of training leading to the award of a Masters degree on any of the Master’s graduate training programs at the stated University for a maximum of 19 successful candidates.
This is open to post graduate students, with a maximum of two years to completion, of their respective University graduate programs. Preference will be made to the finalists on the Masters Programs.
Criteria for Selection
- Proof of admission to your university in the stated School or Faculty on a Master’s programme
- Should have completed first year of study and is on normal progress
- Demonstrate interest in research training and conducting research within the respective discipline.
- Students on three (3) or four (4) year postgraduate programs should provide proof of normal progress for the initial years of training.
- A letter of recommendation and support from the programmes Head of Department.
- Plan for career development
- Applicants with research concepts focusing on any one of the following aspects are particularly encouraged to apply:
- NCDs, Maternal and child health
- Infectious Diseases including HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis, COVID-19 Emphasis on studies targeting improving patient care/community health
- Capacity towards attaining research leadership and international recognition in one’s field.
- Commitment to developing at least one manuscript for publication based on their research.
Enquiries and Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of a cover letter (1 page only), resume (not more than 3 pages) a personal statement (Maximum 1 page), research concept (Maximum 1 page), admission letter, proof of normal progress for the initial years of training for individuals pursuing three or four year masters programmes and two letters of recommendation. The personal statement should include your aspirations for career progression in the next 5-7 years, research interests and any information you consider relevant. Closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st August 2021.
|Application deadline:||31th August, 2021||Zoom Interviews: 10-11Th September 2021|
|Notification date:||24th September 2021 Proposed start date: Semester 1 2021/22|